Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How To Fix A Split Snowboard?

(Malian writer): "The Africa is obliged to unite "



presence in Côte d'Ivoire as part of the tribute to Bernard B. Dadi, 30 and 31 August, at the Palace of Culture, Seydou Badian Kouyaté has taken questions from reporters. His work, his struggle, his hopes, his vision of Africa rose to the scanner in an interview.

Your novel''On the Storm''(1963) became a classic of African literature. Did you think he would meet with much success?
I wrote because I wanted to write. I had scenes around me, family problems. I wanted to give my views on these various difficulties. In''Under the storm,''they say is a conflict of generations. But there are elders who are with young people as the father Djigui. And young people with the old, is the case Benfer. In fact, the problem of forced marriage that I wanted to be treated. I did not think it would have a long life. It was a topical around me. I stumbled on this, and it fell on me.

What needs your essay,''The African leaders to their people''(1965), which won the Grand Prize for Literature in Africa?
is a criticism of the political spirit was born. A critique of some leaders who took to the emperors who had the language of the Democrats, but in their daily lives, behaved differently. I criticized it. I also criticized the gesture of-cultured. Already, some thought we were Europeans and that they must like them to live better. They had forgotten that we are Holders of other things. Without bigotry, we are the bearers of what our fathers and our fathers' fathers have left, with the openness that we bring the foreign, the West. The aim was to show that we must be Africans, heirs of the good that we have left our fathers, by affecting that brings the West. I have surprised those who believed were of one side or the other exclusively.

Several African countries are celebrating in this year 2010, the fiftieth anniversary of their independence. As a witness of these golden wedding, what is your assessment of the literature African?
I am generally in each of my books. On one line, two, three, four, we attacked the settlement. Today, there are some young writers who take over. That is to say they are addressing through our own. From my point of view, means having the courage to look at ourselves and have the courage to tell the truth about ourselves. That is certainly what will give life to the new creation. A new vision of literature, through our. And God knows there are many. We faded colonialism, we must have the courage and the ability to brand our heads with their own through their mannerisms and their denial.

You are a doctor, writer and politician. Under which hat do you feel better?
I wear jauntily three. Occasionally, I change. As far as necessary or as the context requires. But without ever denying or discard one or the other. I always keep my cap doctor. I continue to write. I'm doing what the old should do, namely write memoirs. As for the political hat, I'm not going to a conference without going one way and another front or side of the problem policy.

When writing your work The African leaders to their people in 1965, you had an ideal. Today, with the management style of our states, do you still believe in this ideal?
undecodable I am an optimist. I do not drop your arms. Despite the shortcomings, failures, deviations, I still believe that this ideal will remain. Because Africa can not do otherwise. If we want to live in us fulfilling, be men of dignity, pride, we have to unite. Africa is compelled to unite. Maybe not with us. Maybe we do not even know. But it is in his destiny and I believe it.

Do you think the current generation is she aware of the legacy you leave him?
Wherever I find myself, when young people around me, they ask me at least a portion of my works. It is about''The African leaders to their people''or''Under the storm''that goes ahead, it is often even prison writings''Blood''masks. I think some in keeping memories.

What do you think the tribute to Bernard Dadi?
What happened on Tuesday and Wednesday, is truly a close. It's phenomenal. Because this is the first time that honors a man of culture in his lifetime. When I was told that the academy will pay tribute to Bernard Dadi, my first reaction was to exclaim:''oh Allah. Is he dead?''I was told that he was alive. And it is amazing. It is a path which is open to other heads of state will engage. Thus, we will have a different conception of the writer, another ethics grows between the people and the authors.

Your message to African politicians ...
That politicians realize that writing is a lot. We are in a civilization of orality. But increasingly, the writing takes precedence. The writing is great because it stays with its truth, its dimensions and details. I want to say thank you to President Laurent Gbagbo for doing what he did. That's huge. Not expected the death of the man of culture to say thank you. But is honored in his lifetime. When he is able to produce. In order to serve as an example and guide for young people.

... ... To the young youth
is calling a new consciousness. It is for them to open the doors to success. Now the door is open. Write, think, work. You'll certainly rewarded for your lifetime. It's a lot.

... And Bernard Dadié
We wish long life to Bernard Dadi. This is our eldest, is our brother. This is our master. We call on the Ivorian people to consider as such. We continue to honor him, to listen and to pray for him.

Interview by Amadou Sanou / sanouam@yahoo.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment